Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Halloween Is Coming

I don't know why I decorate for Halloween so much. I don't like being scared or seeing scary things, but I am SO attracted to the color orange and all the different shapes of pumpkins and gourdes. So, when my friend said I could come over and use her Artiste Cricut cartridge I JUMPED all over that!

The new Autumn/Winter catalog from Close to my Heart has a great deal on this cartridge and some fun things that can be made... Here is what my friends and I did yesterday.


These are small caskets that can be filled with candy or other trinkets... I stamped the top of the casket while it was flat and then I assembles and added embellishments.
 
You can see the start of this Display Tray in an earlier post, but here is the jazzed up version. I used one of the small caskets - in the upper right, is the top of the casket and in the middle is the bottom of the casket (I put a skeleton inside). I also added the word spooky after I used black ink to age/texture the cardstock.
 
 
I accidentally made a large casket, but it turned out to be super neat, so I made a large skeleton to go inside.
 
 

So, I just want to thank Emily for letting me have access to your amazing cricut machine and Liz for helping fold all the caskets.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment