Friday, March 21, 2014

Necklace Workshop

 
This is the first time I have attempted to make a piece of jewelry from the Close To My Heart Spring catalog. I was a little intimidated, but in the end pleasantly surprised at how simple the steps were to do (and do correctly).
I pick the top right image of an opened birdcage. These are all stickers so once you choose
your picture, it's just peel and stick.
  I chose the square shaped pendant in antique gold. Since all the stickers are square I thought this would make my first time easier not having to trim to fit the round pendant. Liquid Glass is the preferred adhesive. It dries clear and  relatively quick.
 Sorry the picture is sideways... Then I chose which charms I wanted with my birdcage.  I chose out of the Free Thinker and the Dreamer Charms.
 These glass covers go over the sticker once you place it into the pendant. The glass is a nice way to make the piece look polished and professional. The Liquid Glass will help adhere the glass to the sticker in the pendant.
Here are my choices. I thought I would put a few on one side and one on the other. 
 You can see that I changed my mind and put all the charms on one side. I like the look of it and feel like it is very hip and fresh.
 
I will be holding a necklace workshop in April. Contact me if you are interested in participating or have items shipped to you so that you too can join in the fun!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment