Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Quilt Cards

I recently moved to a new city. During our "big move" the county fair started in our new town. My husband and I walked to the fair with our three children to have a look around and get a taste and feel of the town and its people. At the fair there was a pole barn hosting different crafts on each day of the fair.
 It just so happened that on the day we visited, it was quilts. Oh, they were beautiful. Some were modern with crisp bold colors. Others were traditional with familiar patterns.
 I was really attracted to a particular style of quilt made of rectangles of same or similar colored material cut and staggered. To add visual interest, the maker then took a dark thread and ran it through the rectangles. I love the look. Here are my interpretations of this type of quilt... enjoy!
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment